• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

85 XJ loredo

Mr.OverKill

NAXJA Forum User
need to know, on the 85 loredo 4X4 there is what looks like a 2" spacer on the top of the coils, they look like they are steel and the bump stops come off of them, my question is, is that factory or not? i have seen newer XJ's and they dont have this installed. i need to know because i bought rustys 4.5 coils and they look about 8 or 9 inches taller than the stock ones with the front hanging on jack stands from the frame. i want to know, am i going to be skied or just lifted with those in there?

The front suspension for all years and all models is essentially the same. There should be a cushion at the top of the coils, but it's more like 1/2" not 2". It sounds like the previous owner of your XJ threw in some lift spacers.

ok, thanks. i thought it might have been as much, well i am going with every thing i can get!!!! that includes the bb!!!

Back