• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Airbag light, blinkers, horn no worky

Trevorxj

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, This is the issue maybe someone might know what is causing it.

The airbag light, the horn, and the turn signals are not working. Everything else works fine. The wipers, the emergency blinkers all work.

What should I check.

Thanks

since its electrical, i would check the fuses.

i always use a test light on the fuses. just because they look good, doesnt mean they are getting power.

Trevorxj said:
Alright, This is the issue maybe someone might know what is causing it.

The airbag light, the horn, and the turn signals are not working. Everything else works fine. The wipers, the emergency blinkers all work.

What should I check.

Thanks

it sounds like the clockspring. usually doesnt effect turn signals though....

What year ?
If it's 97/98 it is the two self docking connectors in the back of the instrument panel that is causing it. You need to pull the gauge panel, clean the connectors and put it back in. When mine did it I did that only I tweaked the pins, just a hair, so they would bear on the female sockets on the panel. Not too much or you will bend them when the panel goes back in.
You can also get two replacement plugs from the dealer and replace them or have the dealer replace them, there is a TSB out on it. My solution worked for me.
The other symptons were: spedo dropped to 0, odometer stopped working in both normal and trip meter, gas gauge dropped to below E. I had idiot lights at the time so I don't know what gauges do in these circumstances and never checked the horn or directionals, oh and the airbag light came on...

Back