• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift shackles vs. add-a-leaf

LT1

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2'' on my 99' cherokee. I would like to go to a 3'' lift and I was wondering whether to go with a 3'' AAL system or a 1.5'' rear lift shackle+ a
1.5" lift block. I have seen them being sold both ways. Each company says their way is better. Can I get some feed back please?
Thanks

The block and shackle will wear out your spring in no time and they will sag. So do it right the first time and get the add a leaf.

Get some drpo shackles for 87-up chevy f/s truck in a 2 inch flavor, gives about 3-1/2 inch lift on XJ. Stock shackles from chevy truck=1 1/2 inch lift.
Definently rides better than aal or block set-up. I have tried blocks, but they either increase axle wrap ( bad thing), or the blocks end up breaking on me (even worse thing). If you do block it, stay away from the cheap cast alum. blocks and go to the junk yard, look for just about any full size ford, g.m., or Dodge 4-wheel truck, and the blocks should be around it. Alot of times the yard will give them to you, if the rear axle is already out of the truck. The factory blocks usually have an angle cast in to help the pinion angle, the alum. normally do not. Hope this helps.

you said you have a 2" lift already, what kind of lift is it now? Is that a shackle, block, AAL, or full spring? This would definately make a difference in what is recommended.

Back