• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone here do a two-tone kinda thing?

nosajwp

NAXJA Forum User
Right now, my '01 is silverstone metallic, and has body colored bumper corners and door trim. I'm looking for a way to set it off from the rest, and I just don't want to paint the bumpers plain black. I thought about painting my bumpers, flares, and door trim with a charcoal metallic paint, clearcoating it, and polishing it to where it has the same quality finish as the other original paint.

Anyone else here do this? Got pics? I got the idea from a few Liberties and other SUV's I've seen riding around, with their bumpers painted a dark gray metallic color. Looks kinda cool.

Make sure you use a "bumper" paint for flexible parts or it will crack off.
Duplicolor makes a nice dark silver that might work well for you.
Spray it well and there's no need to clear coat or polish it, just let it set for a couple weeks and wax it well.

I have never seen it done on a newer model, but here is a nice job on the old body style.......... :bunny:

jeepdawg2.jpg

Holy blingin' mall-crawler, Batman! Nice paint job though, has a certain ZJ feel to it.

nosajwp said:
Right now, my '01 is silverstone metallic, and has body colored bumper corners and door trim. I'm looking for a way to set it off from the rest, and I just don't want to paint the bumpers plain black. I thought about painting my bumpers, flares, and door trim with a charcoal metallic paint, clearcoating it, and polishing it to where it has the same quality finish as the other original paint.

Anyone else here do this? Got pics? I got the idea from a few Liberties and other SUV's I've seen riding around, with their bumpers painted a dark gray metallic color. Looks kinda cool.

I painted my rockers/doors, flares, AND bumpers and with Dupli-Color black spray on bedliner... Colorado Red with black trim... It looked quite exquisite, for a (short) while. Well worth the $7.99 per can.

Pics are $5.99 each, 3 for $4.00

:wave: :clawingmyowneyesout:

I painted my '88 ltd in a teal green main with pewter lower ( below the body line on the doors ), seperated with some generic body trim from the parts house. The flares and bumpers are black. Came out pretty nice, cost roughtly 80 bucks, because I used rustoleum spray paint. I will try and post pics. soon as I can swipe my buddy's dig-camera.

MAYBE SO, but wally-world had it on clearance for 2.00 a can. It beats looking at rust everyday.

Oh, sorry. Am used to people saying "Why teal?" Am mildly defense, you know? Once again, sorry about that.

Anti-skateboarder hanger on paint? I LIKE IT. Maybe I should consider that for the back bumper ( lazy college kids are always trying grab a lift ) just joking.

DDCxj said:
http://www.worldisround.com/articles/60678/photo7.html

Thats mine, black on the bottom is a chip guard. It was some new stuff that PPG came out witha few years ago. Only problem is that its chipping. Gonna be painting it with Hurculiner in a few weeks.

Dean

Did you just say your chip guard is chipping................:roflmao:

And ya, Teal really isn't a popular color. Already having it on your rig like some poor bastard I know is one thing, but putting it on yourself is something totally different. So I can see why ya get flak for it.............:bunny:

91 Jeep Project said:
Did you just say your chip guard is chipping................:roflmao:

Yeah, its chipping off in a couple places and the door is starting to rot out again. Time for some bondo.

Dean

My rig is the black (instead of chrome) version of teh one 91 posted! :D

Back