• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Power Gate Lock not working

heeperman

NAXJA Forum User
My power lock to the rear gate gave up the ghost today, don't have a schematic nor an extra set of hands to actuate the switch as I take some readings, anyone have a schematic or can give me an idea to which one is supposed to be hot?

There really isn't a hot. Polarity changes depending whether it's being locked, or unlocked.

Pull the rear hatch panel. I believe the wires are PNK/YEL(also BLK/WHT) and PNK/BLK.

I'm having the same issue, and was wondering where the wires go from behind the hatch panel. I have to rely on someone helping me (i'm disabled) and so want to have as much information as possible before I get into this project.
Does anyone know what side of the liftgate/which of the two boots the wires go through?
Which side of the cargo bay they go down?
Where they tie in to the rear door locks (I'm assuming that's where they tie in, anyway)?
If there's a dedicated pair of wires coming from the locking control computer/relay for it?
Where that relay is?
Any questions that I ought to be able to answer in .2 seconds once the cover is off, feel free to just say 'you should see it', but I've had nightmareish times chasing volvo wiring, before I needed help...
Thanks for your help, all.

[Bump]
Anybody? Anything to offer would be very helpful.
Even if I'm not supposed to have a hatch power lock. I didn't buy the vehicle new, and while I thought that it was there and worked when I bought it, I'm not 100% sure. Postal XJ, '00, NH (so, Cal. emissns.), power windows/locks/mirrors. Dunno what other options are relevant.
Thanks a lot everybody.
[/Bump]

holy FAWK dude, talk about an old thread...

i dont have much to add but what i do have is:

the trim panel on my 95 is already off (use caution removing the trim panel as i broke each of the attachment clips on mine 3 years ago and havent put it back on)

on mine, the wires for the power lock actuator are a pink with black tracer and a plain black. they run vertically along the drivers side third of the lift gate and go into the main wire bundle on the gate. that runs inside the gate to the top driver side corner and enters the xj body just outside of the hinge. the whole time the bundle is in the gate, the wire color stays the same on mine. i dont have the trim panels off in the cargo area or i would be able to offer more info. the wire bundle goes, like i said earlier, to the top ds corner and the top pass side corner has only the hose for the rear whipper assembly.

again, this is on my 95 and your results may vary.

Back