• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how does this sound for a BB, shocks, & tires?

ndangrd

NAXJA Forum User
Rusty's BB w/AAL = $99
Rancho RSX's = ~ $155 (buy 3, get 1 free deal)
Steering stabilizer = ???
Kumho Road Venture AT KL-41 30X9.5SR15's = $373.4 (shipped to door)

after reading all the posts/suggestions yesterday for a 3" lift, i decided to go the budget boost route for now until i have enough money to do the SYE.

i was going to get a rancho steering stabilizer but i don't see one listed for my 99. do they make one & can you let me know where to buy it? if there's a better steering stabilizer please let me know...

any other suggestions? thanx again!!!

eric
99 Cherokee Classic - Flame Red Clear Coat, 4.0L I6, AW4, Selec- Trac, Up Country Suspension Group, Skid Plate Group, Trailer Tow Group, ABS, & every other available Classic options except block heater. Optima Yellow-Top, K&N Filter, Sylvania Silverstars, CATZ XLD Driving/Fog Lights, "Trail Rated" Badge

03 New Beetle Turbo S - Uni Red, 1.8T, 6spd.

doesn't sound to bad. as for the price of shocks? is that price for stock shock length? you can use stock shocks with a BB. and as for the tire size. I ran 31x0.5's on stock ride height.(minor rubbing on LCA's at full crank) could have been prevented with steering stop adjustment.. just something you may want to check on before you decide to go with 30x9.5's GOOD LUCK!!

jeepinandy said:
doesn't sound to bad. as for the price of shocks? is that price for stock shock length? you can use stock shocks with a BB. and as for the tire size. I ran 31x0.5's on stock ride height.(minor rubbing on LCA's at full crank) could have been prevented with steering stop adjustment.. just something you may want to check on before you decide to go with 30x9.5's GOOD LUCK!!

stock size for the shocks. i don't want to have to modify anything else for the tires if possible. i do have the Up Country package so maybe i could get 31's w/o too much rubbing...

eric
99 Cherokee Classic - Flame Red Clear Coat, 4.0L I6, AW4, Selec- Trac, Up Country Suspension Group, Skid Plate Group, Trailer Tow Group, ABS, & every other available Classic options except block heater. Optima Yellow-Top, K&N Filter, Sylvania Silverstars, CATZ XLD Driving/Fog Lights, "Trail Rated" Badge

Sorry should have paid more attention... lol You're right with the up country package you should be ok with 31's. But you may still have to adjust steering stops. I have a 95 sport and with the stock wheels i had rubbing on LCA's.. post some pics when you get it done.. good luck again

jeepinandy said:
But you may still have to adjust steering stops. I have a 95 sport and with the stock wheels i had rubbing on LCA's.. post some pics when you get it done.. good luck again

just in case, how does one adjust the steering stops? i'll take pics when it's done...thanx!

eric

on the bottom part of the steering knuckle below the tie rod end there is a bolt that when at full crank will hit the axle tube there for stopping how far the wheel turns.. you can adjust that bolt out a little on both sides i dont have a pic of it right now but can get you one if needed..

as long as everything i need to adjust it is already there, the person helping me install everything should know how to do it. i'm not too mechanically inclined when it comes to this stuff, that's why i research everything like crazy!

eric

thanx!

it even has info on installing a steering stabilizier...i still need to figure out which one of those to get too...

eric

any time. and for the stabilizer. i just picked one up at the local NAPA not even sure of the brand but it works. there are even some on here running none. again thats something you can research on... other than that thats about all i can help with...

jeepinandy said:

so you said on stock wheels, you ran the 31x 10.5? which wheels were stock on yours? i have the steelies with six spokes or whatrever you want to call them, and im also getting a bb and i wanted to run some 31s. im curios if you have a pic of what it looks like because i saw a cherk yesterday that looked stock height with some 31 but the offset was terrible looking, the tires were barely under his fenders sticking way out, and it looked dumb to me. but if the stock wheels keep most of the tire under the truck thats what ill do.

hold on. maybe I am not understanding this post right but this is the conclusion I have come to.

you have a 99' Cherokee with the "upcountry package" which puts you 1" to 2" above normal stock height.

you will be purchasing a BB which will raise you 1 1/2" to 2" higher

with both of these factors it seems you will have the equivalent of a 3-4" lift. right?

if this is right then you will likely need the sye and driveshaft. it seems possible that you might end up higher with a BB on top of your stock suspension then you would with new 3" springs. im not sure about any of this but for some reason this is what im thinking.

2"s ad 31x10.5's, my ' 99..........................

100_2000.jpg

100_2002.jpg

week rear springs, rub at the bottom of the flairs and lightly on the controll arms.
Gotta adj the stearing stops.

5x3eie

31x10.5", 2" RE BB w/ AAL, Doestech 0 shocks. Front swaybar still connected, fenders are cut more and bumper caps are removed. If I put in the correct bumpstops I could run 32x10.5" tires. Maybe 11.5

Back