• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any ideas, locks for Hella lamps?

tcharon

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for some kind of locking system for my Hella driving lamps. Thought I saw some nuts like those for lug nuts. Anyone have a suggestion?

Weld em :laugh3: go find some british whitworth stuff, that will drive a prospective thief to distraction.. unless he's a royal enfield or greeves collector...

IPF(ARB) makes some. Don't know if they are same pitch/thread as Hella.

But......they may actually cost more than the Hellas.

Also many of the smaller hardware stores (McLendons in the seattle area) sell tamper resistent fasteners. Generally you must also buy their tool as well though. And these are only a deterant. I am planning on using this type of fastener for my roof basket and lights when I get around to putting one on.

~Jon

Weld em or invest in some Loctite Red flavor... then die-grind the nuts into a hateful, roundish shape...

Wire them up to some big car-audio capacitors?

Fill some dummy light bulbs with RDX or something equally noisy? Leave these unwired & conveniently easy to remove...

No different than baiting a rat.

Back