• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best lift for 33s and the money...

cherokeedude3

NAXJA Forum User
what is the best lift for 33" mickey thompson baja claws for wheelin in illinois...no rock...well very little..mainly mud...good street use also...thinking 4.5" lift kit....please post more info...brands...kits...etc. much appreciated...Steve~

for the money, RE seems to have a good rep on both coasts at that height

there's also Black Diamond, Skyjacker, etc, pretty easy to search up on google

even with the RE 4.5 lift, their reccomended backspace, and even though it's really "taller" than 4.5, I rubbed 32 mud tires up front, so I trimmed a good bit and run flareless. I will trim up the back a little and pull the flares off also to match.

so with 4.5 inches and 33's, you're gonna cut if you want to take full use of the suspension, at least that's my opinion

don't forget to factor in a slip yoke eliminator, maybe upgrade to the HD adjustable track bar and mount (I didn't, probably should have), skids for various spots if you don't have them, and I'd say regearing is in your best interest for the long term

my $.02

searching this forum and google will probably help you more

if you run into cost problems, a good 2" BB, skids and agressive 31s will allow you to have lots of fun without the cost of regearing and a more complex/taller lift

cherokeedude3 said:
what is the best lift for 33" mickey thompson baja claws for wheelin in illinois...no rock...well very little..mainly mud...good street use also...thinking 4.5" lift kit....please post more info...brands...kits...etc. much appreciated...Steve~

I am running the RE 3.5" superflex with full packs and adjustable lowers. I have a good bit of trimming with TJ flares and 33's fit perfect. If you are not afraid to lose a little sheet metal get the 3.5". If you take your time you can make the trimming look good. HTH.

f47def98.jpg

f47def8c.jpg

i got the re 4.5 SF i netted more lift that 4.5 , i got 31's liked them a lot till i wheeled with them and found out it was either bumpstop or cut the flares to keep the rubbing down..

cut the flares and added some tj ones and now i have plenty of room for 33's

go ahead and cut it aint as bad as it seems

before:
jeepinmesmall.bmp

after:
xjmess.bmp

Back