• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

skid plate probs

littlexj1

NAXJA Forum User
i have a stack of skids i had bought over winter (used stuff) and finally decided to start the install ....but my tranny and transfer case skids need a little rigging..the tranny skid is just a regular q-tech one and the tc skid is from skid row...my problem with the install is i dropped my cross member allmost an full inch.. for those of you that have a drop kit what have you done to lower everything....the quickest thing i can see to do would be some 1 inch square tubing and welding it to the frame rails..
i also neec some ideas on how to mount the tc skid to a stock cross member..i am thinking of drilling some holes in the back of the cross member (on the upper lip) to mount it but there is not alot of structure there and i am afraid that the first rock i hit will kill my mount...any ideas?

Back