• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheelspacers/adapters

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
anyone running them ideas? I am going with a 44 front with about a 67" wms to wms and running a stock D44 out back what do yall think?

BUCKYXJ said:
anyone running them ideas? I am going with a 44 front with about a 67" wms to wms and running a stock D44 out back what do yall think?

so your going to add 3.5" spacers on each side?

thoes will be huge!

a full width ford 9" should run you the same cost as the spacers...

if you are geard and locked - then i understand... but otherwise - look at alternatives...

hell - you could probably sell your XJ D44 for more than the cost of the 9"...

the resale value of an XJ D44 is high, I would sell it and start with a wider axle.

as for keeping the rear, 2" spacers would be plenty, it's nice having the front ~3" wider than the rear. but you're adding extra leverage to the bearings and fairly wimpy housing.

hmm I didn't think of that what do u think the resale value of an XJ D44 with ZJ disc and welded is?

BUCKYXJ said:
hmm I didn't think of that what do u think the resale value of an XJ D44 with ZJ disc and welded is?

what gears?
stock shafts?

assuming 3.55's and stock shafts - 300-350 minimum... probably more with the ZJ brakes... welded carrier might be to your detriment(sp?)

i was looking to pay about 350 for a junkyard unit, and would have paid probably 400 for a ZJ braked already running version...

XJ_ranger said:
what gears?
stock shafts?

assuming 3.55's and stock shafts - 300-350 minimum... probably more with the ZJ brakes... welded carrier might be to your detriment(sp?)

i was looking to pay about 350 for a junkyard unit, and would have paid probably 400 for a ZJ braked already running version...

umm see sig???
4.56s stock shaftswithe new bearings

BUCKYXJ said:
umm see sig???
4.56s stock shaftswithe new bearings

doesn anyone read their signatures? no....

4.56... probably 450 - but you;ll have to re-gear the new rear end...

I get spicer parts for free or next to nothing so thats not a problem
(shhhh)

with 36's i would get those reae 44 shafts cryo-frozen to harden them, or get aftermarket shafts. for wheel spacers, i got 1 word for ya' .....EBAY

stuff (gears & such) for a 9" is so readily availabe its cheaper than any other axle to build.
& the third-member drop out feature is nice...
(alot of dirt track racers use em so they can swap gear-set easily, hint-hint:: u may be able to fing the matching R&P gear ratio that u want, already built by some other gear-head)

xuv-this said:
with 36's i would get those reae 44 shafts cryo-frozen to harden them, or get aftermarket shafts. for wheel spacers, i got 1 word for ya' .....EBAY

word..
-- wheel spacers change the distribution points of the vehicles weight/load & impact sheer forces, that can cause undue stress on the axle flange & axle shaft at the bearing seat, causing breakage..

i would build or find a built 9"

Back