• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lifts for MJ's?

over2land

NAXJA Member #1171
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I am curious as to what lifts are available for MJ's.

I want to retain the spring under rear. And, I want new springs for the rear as well, not add a leafs.

Is there any such monster?

What have you all used, and how'd ya like em/how are they holding up?

The front of the MJ is the same as the XJ, so any lift will fit. The rear, you can go SOA and you will get about 5'' of lift. If you want more then that, get some lift springs for a MJ and switch the center pin around in them, and you will have 5'' (SOA)+ however much lift spring you got. HTH

overland-why is it exactly that u dont want to spring over in the rear. much better setup in my opinion, not sure but if xj and mjs use the same length spring with the same offset pin, then possilby u could measure about how much arch your stock mjs have. xj spring are basicaly flat, so if ur mj has 3 inches of arch and is the same size as xjs, then a 3" xj spring would be the same as yours, and a 8 inch xj would give u 5". but remeber i have no idea if the springs are even the same length and this is all an assumtion.

kolby

lankchevy said:
overland- not sure but if xj and mjs use the same length spring with the same offset pin,

kolby

MJ springs are longer. and a spring over will give you 5" of lift without doing anything else. or it did me.

I'd like to keep the spring under to avoid axlewrap issues down the road.

The truck is going to be a prerunner type of truck, with moderate rocks here and there. And, with quick, heavy throttle starts, and stops, I'd rather the stability that the spring under offers.

I'd like to do it without custom spring packs, if I can.

Welding/fabbing new mounts for spring over isn't an issue. And, I am familiar with the methods of controlling axle wrap, but would simply rather not deal with it on this truck.

Know of anyone who's done it? Or, any companies that offer the kit?

over2land said:
I'd like to keep the spring under to avoid axlewrap issues down the road.

The truck is going to be a prerunner type of truck, with moderate rocks here and there. And, with quick, heavy throttle starts, and stops, I'd rather the stability that the spring under offers.

I'd like to do it without custom spring packs, if I can.

Welding/fabbing new mounts for spring over isn't an issue. And, I am familiar with the methods of controlling axle wrap, but would simply rather not deal with it on this truck.

I'm interested in this as well. Let us know what you find out please.

r@m

Back