• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

motor/tranny mount replacement writeup?

siminsez01

NAXJA Forum User
anyone know where i can find writeups? i'm not switching to any of these newfangled MORE poly mounts or anything. Just going with the OEM mounts. I hear that its best to replace all 3 mounts at the same time so that's what i'm gonna do. Got a deal on ebay... 2 motor and 1 tranny mount (just the rubber of course) for $50. Not bad i thought.

pretty simple. use a jack to support the engine and replace one side at a time. adjust the jack to align the holes.

for the trans, support the trans or transfer case, take off the cross member, install mount, but everything back. be careful not to break the crossmember bolts.

yeah, seemed to me like it was going to be pretty easy. am i definately going to have to take off the oil filter housing to do the passenger side mount? do i need to drain the oil prior to doing this or just do it cold so that no oil is at the top of the engine?

siminsez01 said:
yeah, seemed to me like it was going to be pretty easy. am i definately going to have to take off the oil filter housing to do the passenger side mount? do i need to drain the oil prior to doing this or just do it cold so that no oil is at the top of the engine?
what year is yours? If it's 97+ you won't have to touch the oil filter. ALso do one mount at a time.

Back