• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What should I do???

J98cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Well ive saved enough money to buy some tires for my jeep. The only problem is that there are so many options that i could buy because im already running 30" on a 4.5" lift. They work for me so i was thinking about buying a rear ARB locker. If i buy the locker for my axle i have now and then later i upgrade axles would it be a waste of money since the locker for the smaller axle wont fit in the larger??
Another option would be buying the 32's but i would want to regear which will cost alot more money.
Any opinions on what i should do would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I'm guessing you have a 98 XJ which means you have either the 29-spline 8.25 or a d35. If its the Chrysler 8.25 then you have a rear axle that can hold up to 33's no problem and would not be a waste to regear or lock unless you plan on going much bigger anytime soon.

But first thing I would put money into would be skids, rocker protection and front and rear tow points. If you have all that covered then I would go with a locker in the rear. On my old 8.25 I had a No-slip and it never really caused me any problems, great on road characteristics and except for one trip when the active spacer tab broke, it always locked up fine, a lot cheaper than an ARB as well.

Back