• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clicking Sound

Wondo

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, i've searched for a bit, but i really couldn't find what i'm looking for so i thought i'd ask. Today on my way home when i would make a left turn, it seems that there is a slight clicking sound coming from the driver side front. Anyone know what this could be? U-joints maybe? Wheel Bearings? I'm just trying to figure it out, i have to drive back to school sunday night and need to get it fixed. Thanks guys!!!

-Wondo

Well, I would say that it most likely the u-jointwanting a bit of grease, but I would go ahead and check the wheel bearings just to be sure, but I am fairly sure the u-joint is the cause.

ren said:
Well, I would say that it most likely the u-jointwanting a bit of grease, but I would go ahead and check the wheel bearings just to be sure, but I am fairly sure the u-joint is the cause.

Thanks for the response!, So you think that its just the universal on the axle or ds that needs some grease?

I say the U-joint itself , because the click is only when you turn.

ren said:
I say the U-joint itself , because the click is only when you turn.

Sounds good, any special way to grease that?

thanks!

It should have a plug in one of the caps, or a zerk on the cross, if not, s o l, time to change it. The good thing is, it should be okay for a-while, but it does need attention soon.

Back