• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beefy Rear Hitch

AngryDog

NAXJA Forum User
Well I finally got to the point of installation (tommrow) on my Class III reciever. I have a question on the mounting bolts. Done some research and it seems that nutstips seem to be the prefered method over square hole blocks. I went to the local dealer and they told me they could get them in about a week or so. Like most men I wanted it yesterday. My question is can I fab some up? How thick, wide and long should I make them? Should I weld on grade 8 nuts or just drill and tap a steel bar? I am sure I can beef it up beyond OEM stuff.

AngryDog said:
Well I finally got to the point of installation (tommrow) on my Class III reciever. I have a question on the mounting bolts. Done some research and it seems that nutstips seem to be the prefered method over square hole blocks. I went to the local dealer and they told me they could get them in about a week or so. Like most men I wanted it yesterday. My question is can I fab some up? How thick, wide and long should I make them? Should I weld on grade 8 nuts or just drill and tap a steel bar? I am sure I can beef it up beyond OEM stuff.

definitely weld nuts on - tapping threads isnt the right way to do it.

take off the rear bumper and measure based on the ID of the frame rail at the bottom... that is where the nutstrips go...

Back