• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

parnelli jones dirt grip

they rock? Best tires I've run or seen run, the only other tires I would really consider offroad would be Irok's but they arn't as road friendly. 40k from mine, tugh sidewalls, awesome snow traction and rocks, ok in mud.

Ok here's the run down.

I was running the 31x10.5x15 size on mine right now. Noise wise they are excellent, very quite for as aggressive tread they have. My father runs 31's of the BFG MT's and his when worn about 3/4 of the way down where considerable louder. They are a tad bit louder then the my old BFG AT's I ran but not annoying and well worth it compared to the tires.

In snow and ice these tires are great. In all kinds of snow they work awesome. The best snow tires I have seen(from MTRS, BFGs, SSRs, SX's,X Terrains, Boggers, Claws). We run quite a bit of snow runs in SD and MT during the winter and everyone I go on runs with are always impressed with how well they preform. In Ice for the tread they have they do really well. Not quite as well as the BFG AT but very close.

For rocks they are awesome. When aried down to 10-12 psi they stick like glue. They will sqeul onpavement just by turning the wheel. The rubber feels alot softer then say MTR's. Sidewalls are super tough as well. Better then any MTR or BFG MT/AT. They only thing they don't do realy well in is mud. Better then Claws or MTR's, Just as well as BFG MTs but not Boggers. Another down fall is sort of short tread life. I will get about 40-42k from mine while they bfg's lasted 50-55k. But the with the outstanding performance of the tires I feel it's worth it. I ran they in bits of sand and they do well. A really great all around tire. I havn't got a chance to run them next to any Truxus tires yet but I think the PJ's sidewall is better and they would be better in the rocks.

I just bought another set in 33's, no question about it.

There are a few other reviews on them on Pirate4x4.com. Twistedmetal and Sammy_SAR are two of the tops of my head. Price seems to be another drawback although I don't think it's that much more. Quadratec now carries them and have pretty good prices on the 31x10.5x15's. And National wheel and Tire and Desert Rat will price match so see which has the best shipping for you.

Weasel said:
Ok here's the run down.
For rocks they are awesome. When aried down to 10-12 psi they stick like glue. They will sqeul onpavement just by turning the wheel. The rubber feels alot softer then say MTR's. Sidewalls are super tough as well. Better then any MTR or BFG MT/AT. They only thing they don't do realy well in is mud. Better then Claws or MTR's, Just as well as BFG MTs but not Boggers. Another down fall is sort of short tread life. I will get about 40-42k from mine while they bfg's lasted 50-55k. But the with the outstanding performance of the tires I feel it's worth it. I ran they in bits of sand and they do well. A really great all around tire. I havn't got a chance to run them next to any Truxus tires yet but I think the PJ's sidewall is better and they would be better in the rocks.

I just bought another set in 33's, no question about it.

do you have an update on how the dirt grips are doing, or anyone else for that matter? i'm interested in getting a set in the 33" flavor. i haven't been able to find very many recent reviews on them.

just jumped up to the 33's, they rock just like the 31's did. They are a true 33" tall, maybe a tad over and 12.5" wide. Got just over 40k out of the 31's and to date havn't ripped a sidewall or much less even slightly cut one. anything else you want to know?

dug like hell in snow and did very well in the mud, best tire i have ever ran in the snow so far.....they are heavy tho, one of the reasons i didnt look at them for the xj.
senichighway3.jpg

charliemuddingpicfromvideo.jpg

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for your PJs (31s not 33s) I'm looking for cheap tires and i've seen these around $155 brand new. Also you guys keep saying how they do in snow(which is good) but how do they do in mud, do they ball up at all?

35-40k is good considering the traction they give. Better then a MTR, BFG MT and those only last ~50k. Imo it's worth it. Road noise? Hardly, my dad's BFG MT make more noise then mine do.

31's were 179 when I bought them, after that they dropped to 150. I don't do a whole lot of mud but from what I do get into(fairly sticky stuff) they clean nicely, havn't had any issue with them clogging up.

Back