• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hidden winch?

53guy

NAXJA Forum User
i saw an article in petersons (i think) a while back where they mounted the winch under the radiator, so it was hidden behind the bumper. anyone ever tried that with a cherokee?

you need to search first, ask questions later young grasshopper.

seriously there was a long post on this a few months ago, search hidden winch in this forum.

hahaha, now dont i feel dumb...first time i dont search...lol thanks. i'll try better next time. Ok, so after looking at the past posts, i'm going to have to revive the issue.....i'd like to get the C-ROK bumper (non winch) and mount the winch behind it. any suggestions? i thought about welding a crossmember between the rails, but then strength might be an issue....any ideas?

Last edited:
53guy said:
hahaha, now dont i feel dumb...first time i dont search...lol thanks. i'll try better next time. Ok, so after looking at the past posts, i'm going to have to revive the issue.....i'd like to get the C-ROK bumper (non winch) and mount the winch behind it. any suggestions? i thought about welding a crossmember between the rails, but then strength might be an issue....any ideas?
Make up a frame like the factory hidden winch used, send the layout to C-Rok, and ask them to make up your bumper with extra long mounts to slide it about 4" farther forward, and to include the extra holes to mount the winch frame.

Back