• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tires

slikinchiken

NAXJA Forum User
also i was wondering if anyone knows what are the biggest tires i can put on my xj with the stock suspension...i have a set of 15x10 rims and i have the stock 15x7 or 15x8 (not sure) curious as to what sizes i can use with either set of rims and have minimum rubbing. thnaks

I doubt you can run anything stock on 15x10 rims if you are going to wheel it. On the 15x7's 235x75x15 will fit, and 30X9.5X15 will fit with a bit of coil tower rubbing.

Nay

It depends on your back spacing with those rims, I just ordered a set of 15X10 rims with 29X11.5 R15 tires to go on my Xj that is at stock height. I am going to be putting them on Monday so I will let you know how they fit and where they rub. If they do rub then I'll just have to go with OME 2" suspension lift... but they are a little pricey and as you can see this XJ is probably the closest thing to a street rod that I have seen as far as XJs go.

i dont plan on wheeling it anytime soon, just want some meaty tires to give it that mean look...i was told i could put 275/60's on the 15x10 rims and shouldnt have any problems but i was just trying to see if i could get a little bigger...

thanks man, let me know how your tires do when you get em on...

Back