• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$drive shafts?

Grifter144

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys and gals,
how much would you pay for a front and rear used set of driveshafts for a 2000 xj. i am in the middle of my conversion to 4x4 and asked a guy at a junkyard across state for a price and he qouted me $150 for both. does this sound fair? it seemed steep to me..maybe cuz he said $40 for the rear first, and then $150 for both? Fair or what? thanx in advance.
CPL Maier

Around here junkyards charge half the price of a new part. $150 for two drive shafts, one with a double cardan joint (the front) doesn't sound unreasonable.

I was quoted $75 and $100 from the same yard for the same front DS,the only difference was the person.Took it at $75.
That would be a good price around here($150/2).
Wayne

Grifter,

I've got a rear shaft out of my '96 that should fit yours fine.

PM me if you want it. How's $30 + shipping sound?

What t-case are you using. Mine came from a 231.

Be careful of the rear shaft. The local U-pull here only charges $15, but they set the vehicles out in the yard with big forklifts.....and almost always bend the rear shafts :( Front shafts go for about $40 each.
HTH,
Jeff

Back