• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring diagram for overhead console/

xray

NAXJA Member #1056
I did a search but no help. I need a wire diagram for a newer style overhead console 1993 to 1998. I dont need the whole diagram I just need to know what color wires are for the temp sender and which are for the compass. I am installing this o/h console in a 1989.

Take a look at the bottom of this page - there are several threads that discuss overhead wiring consoles....

Temp. sensor: signal--black/light blue
ground--violet/light green

I can't find the compass mentioned anywhere in Mitchell's online manuals (for ANY year), but there are obviously some switched and constantly on wires there. I might be wrong, but it would seem that the compass circuitry is entirely enclosed within the main module of the console; therefore, if I am right, as long as the positive wires are connected properly (and grounds, of course), it should work correctly.

This is from a '99.

Main constant pwr--pink
Main ground--black
CCD Bus ground--white/black (this one should lead to a data line and should be paired with the violet/brown wire)
CCD Bus pwr.--violet/brown
Fused ignition--white/black (not to be confused with the CCD Bus ground)this wire comes from fuse 9 in the inside junction block.
Door/Illum. sense--yellow

Timber said:
I might be wrong, but it would seem that the compass circuitry is entirely enclosed within the main module of the console;
Nope, you're right. The compass is completely enclosed in the main module. I may start pulling console info out of the archives here and will put them up on my site if there's interest but don't expect that in the near future at least. Considering how many threads have popped up recently about the console I'd say there's interest.

xray said:
I did a search but no help. I need a wire diagram for a newer style overhead console 1993 to 1998. I dont need the whole diagram I just need to know what color wires are for the temp sender and which are for the compass. I am installing this o/h console in a 1989.
You've got a couple of different consoles in that range of years. Pre97 and 97+ are completely different.
No computer info in the pre97 also.

Back