• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Death Wobble after a 2" BB?

TC

NAXJA Forum User
I helped a friend install a front spacer and rear full length AAL over the weekend and he say's at around 45-55 mph he gets the full on DW. Bad enough to pull over and check things out a couple of times. I can see this happening at much higher lifts but this is the first I've heard of it with just 2". I haven't had a chance to look at it yet but find it hard to believe that there would be track bar misalignment this close to stock. Anyone else run into this? 2000 XJ, smooth as silk prior. TC

Entirely plausible - look closely at the trackbar mounts, and of course he's already aligned it, right? Right? :D

You didn't align it after the lift, did you?

Caster angle decreased when you lifted it.

Funny thing, he showed up right after I posted this to install the rock rails I made. I'm sure it's just a matter of realignment, which will be done with the new tires this week. Dang XJ's each have their own quirks. Mine has been through several suspension changes,7" of lift, home fabbed long arms, hammered on hard and numerous cross country highway trips over the last eight years without the slightest hint of wobble EVER. I put a simple BB on a driver and it shakes yer teeth out. Enough to drive ya nuts.

Back