• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what's this rear end??

xjeeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Hey ya'll on my '85 I know that the axle has the stock limited slip-- does any one know some stuff about this???

more than likely a dana 35
do a search there a tons of example pictures on this interweb thing

Ok i'm sorry should have been more specific-- It has the 35 in it-- what I am wondering is it has the stickers all over the place saying that is has a "locking differential" this is a limited slip right? or could it be locked?? how would I know?

unless its been garraged since 1985 the little tag bolted to the diff cover w/ some number codes on it has A) either been discarded when the cover was removed or B)rusted away into ablivion,:)
if the limited slip (YES to answer your question if it has any, it would be a LS not a locker) is working then when you go heavy on the skinny pedal in loose terrain both wheels should spin (the right first then the driverside) or if you jack up the rear wheels the same should happen (if its open (stanadard) the opposite wheels will also turn but in the OPPOSITE direction..
to be sure if these test are non-conclusive & you think it still has a limited slip but think maybe the clutches have worn out, then
pull the cover & look @ the guts of the differential
pics on the interweb are also available..

xjeeeper said:
Ok i'm sorry should have been more specific-- It has the 35 in it-- what I am wondering is it has the stickers all over the place saying that is has a "locking differential" this is a limited slip right? or could it be locked?? how would I know?
What kind of stickers?

Back