• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Buying a stock DD XJ, decent deal?

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Hey,

I am buying a house and I was looking to buy a "built" XJ, but with gas prices and me know alot about XJs I've decided to buy a stocker. Anyways I know its not a steal, but the Jeep is in great condition and looks to have been well cared for. Here is what I found:

1998 XJ Sport
-4.0, auto, np231, 8.25 rear
- black, grey interior, power, etc (you know)
- 91k miles

$5,000?

Is this an ok deal? I have about a month to find something, but even on autotrader within 300 miles of me I only found two '97+ XJs for the same price and both were higher mileage. I think I may jump on it if the owner will have a tune up done and all the fluids changed in it.

Seems like a good deal.
I bought my '97 in May 04 for $6300 with:
-4.0L, Auto, NP231
-White Sport with power everything (windows, mirrors, seats, ect)
-56k miles

Good luck!

Sounds good. I like that it is the 97'+ with a 8.25, so your axles are ready to go. Just gear them if you want to jump up to 33's or so. This thread doesn't belong in here just to let you know unless you are selling something.

Soudns identical to mine.

Black, 98, grey, auto, 4 dr, etc

Mine has 66K and I picked it up for $4500 (family friend). That was wholesale.

So yours sounds like a pretty decent deal since you are not good friends with the seller.

Back