• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tera low

They are around $800-$1K or so. If you haven't done the SYE kit, I would suggest getting a Jeep Rubicon rock-trac t-case that is stronger than a 231 with a 4:1 and already has a SYE. It has a 6 planetary gear setup compared to the 231's 3. Here is a link on it. I'm selling my 231 with a SYE because I just got a NV241 rock-trac on ebay for $1K.
http://www.rubiconowners.com/TransferCase.html

Big Red said:
They are around $800-$1K or so. If you haven't done the SYE kit, I would suggest getting a Jeep Rubicon rock-trac t-case that is stronger than a 231 with a 4:1 and already has a SYE. It has a 6 planetary gear setup compared to the 231's 3. Here is a link on it. I'm selling my 231 with a SYE because I just got a NV241 rock-trac on ebay for $1K.
http://www.rubiconowners.com/TransferCase.html

After looking at that article, I must correct you in that it has a 4 pinion planetary. Apparently the pinions are bigger than the old planetary though. Jeff

I'll definately go with a rock trac...I didn't know they were that much better. That sounds like it's the way to go....has anyone put one of those behind a ax15 in a xj?What about the speedo?The roc trac uses electronic,right?How will I make that work?

The TeraLow has a 5-gear planetary system instead of the stock 3.
Another plus to the 231/TeraLow is the ability to add a 2-Low kit. That was the deciding factor for me, as I use 2-Low alot on the trail.

jeepdeepfreak said:
Oh yea where can I find one?I doubt these sucky ass junk yards around here have one.......

I got mine on ebay and the guys was local to Ryan (Rawbrown) where my Jeep is now, so it worked out good. I got it for $1,100 or so. I see them on ebay a bit or you could see if a guy buys a Rubicon and then tears it down for dana 60's, Atlas etc etc. Kind of stupid, but I've seen that once in awhile. I guess some people have $ to throw around.

Big Red said:
I see them on ebay a bit or you could see if a guy buys a Rubicon and then tears it down for dana 60's, Atlas etc etc. Kind of stupid, but I've seen that once in awhile. I guess some people have $ to throw around.

I guess you have money to throw around too since you're paying to have your axles, gears, lockers and t-case intalled for you.

Jeff 98XJ WI said:
After looking at that article, I must correct you in that it has a 4 pinion planetary. Apparently the pinions are bigger than the old planetary though. Jeff
Thats correct,heres my Tera-low and a pic of the 241!
teralow.jpg

page2.jpg

Back