• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

reinforcing uca & lca mounts?subframe connectors?

afd516

NAXJA Forum User
D30 in question here. Is there a way to reinforce the uca/lca mounts both on the axle and on the unibody?

What about some sub frame connectors? Are there aftermarkets out there, or can I make them myself?

I do have the ability to do fab work.

Any ideas on either subject would be great help.

Thank you

Detours makes a really nice set of chassis stiffeners. They can be bought with the rocker guards built in, or just the chassis reinforcements. They tie the front LCA mount, main rails, and rear leaf mounts together to help eliminate flex.
http://detoursusa.com/xjrokslyders.php

afd516 said:
D30 in question here. Is there a way to reinforce the uca/lca mounts both on the axle and on the unibody?

What about some sub frame connectors? Are there aftermarkets out there, or can I make them myself?

Thank you

are you talking about drop brackets?

i know that the lower LCA pocket is able to be re-enfoced with the MJ LCA reenforcement - dealers used to stock them....
probably not anymore...

XJ_ranger said:
i know that the lower LCA pocket is able to be re-enfoced with the MJ LCA reenforcement - dealers used to stock them....
probably not anymore...
I doubt very much that dealers used to stock them, but if you mean they were available from Jeep dealers as separate parts, you are correct. I bought a pair about a year ago and the part number was valid then. It'll stay in the system until they sell out, so by all means check with your dealer.

If your dealer's parts department doesn't have a clue, e-mail to [email protected] and put "ATTN: Fran or Todd" in the attention line. Bradshaw Jeep is my dealer. They will ship, and they know Jeeps. Fran is the parts manager and Todd is the guru. If a part is available, they can find it.

afd516 said:

Thank you

Sounds like your talking about anything from Skyjackers subframe to RE Drop brackets. There is a lot of info on the board here is some keywords for searching: frame, rails , frame rails, lca mounts, currie uca's, truss D30
Also use some of these usernames: Jes, ChuckD, Dan Turner, RCPHX, Gary E

That should help you get some results and I know there are a ton more on the board that already have done exactly what you are talking about.

Fab it don't buy it, much more satisfying!

Eagle said:
I doubt very much that dealers used to stock them, but if you mean they were available from Jeep dealers as separate parts, you are correct. I bought a pair about a year ago and the part number was valid then. It'll stay in the system until they sell out, so by all means check with your dealer.

Anybody know the part number for these?

ChuckD said:
Sounds like your talking about anything from Skyjackers subframe to RE Drop brackets. There is a lot of info on the board here is some keywords for searching: frame, rails , frame rails, lca mounts, currie uca's, truss D30
Also use some of these usernames: Jes, ChuckD, Dan Turner, RCPHX, Gary E

That should help you get some results and I know there are a ton more on the board that already have done exactly what you are talking about.

Fab it don't buy it, much more satisfying!
Thanks for the keywords and users to seach. I got some great ideas from them. hey sound easy enough to fab so that is what I plan on doing. It will be ugly but functional and that is all I care about.

Back