• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some info needed....

castleman123

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to be purchasing another xj this summer, from about 91-95 year proably another 4.0 model. I want to buy a 4.5 inch lift, and proabably some 33's, i was wondering who makes the best 4.5 inch lift, with cost being a major consideration, and also what will the gears cost, and what other stuff will i have to change. I dont want to loose alot of power, and i would like to add some stuff to gain some more horses. Also this will be a daily driver, and most of the offroading i will be doing is mud, and some light rocks.

gears -- $1000 installed with master install kit + or - a few hundred
SYE/HD driveshaft -- $480 from rustys, PORC...etc.

I would go with RE 4.5 with full leaf packs but with cost being major maybe rustys or rough country, than rplace parts with quality peices when funds are available. Get full leaf packs though.

Get one with a chrys 8.25 NOT dana 35

of course this is all MY opinion...

Good luck and make sure to post pics.

^ What he said. And those would be at least 4.56 gears. 4.88s would be good as well but you'd have to change the rear axle because you can't use those with a C8.25"

Just to add to the other great responses, if you get a 91-95 XJ with the 8.25 rear end and and are re-gearing anyway, I would toss in some axle shafts out of a 97 or newer 8.25 at the same time. They're 29 spline instead of 27 like the older 8.25, and will hold up to the 33's you want better.

Well with cost being a big consideration..build your lift from the For Sale section...you can still get quality components without sacrificing cost. It might take some patience but you will find everything you need there..

Back