• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

most affordable capable 2" bb

bigboyslimjimbo

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I was going to lift my jeep 3.5" and decided I did not have enough money to do it right....soo... Im just goin to save and do it later. But my question is what do yall personally think would give me more clearance and a more aggressive get off the ground look.I already have 30/9.50 m/t on my jeep now. Im goin off to college so i want to keep them on. So what do yall think????? help me out

I am very happy with www.rocky-road.com 's budget boost. I got the "complete" kit with 2" spacers in the front, shackles + 1/2 lift block in the rear, and bar pin eliminaters all around. I also have Pro Comp es9000 shocks that work well (pretty stiff though)

Blocks and/or shackles do not help your spings. Go with a full-length AAL.

If you want a ready-made kit, Rusty's Off-Road has it for $99.

Eagle said:
Blocks and/or shackles do not help your spings. Go with a full-length AAL.

If you want a ready-made kit, Rusty's Off-Road has it for $99.
...and you'll need shocks. And the price looks like it's $110 these days. I needed new shocks with my RE 2" BB, the stockers were close to max extension just sitting in the driveway. RE6160 is $219 including four new DT3 shocks although I'd recommend ponying up a couple extra bucks to get the full-length AAL instead of the half-length that is normal.

i have had rustys 2" full AAL and it has been really great and east to install. I ran the stock shocks for close to 6 months and recently replaced them with some bilstein 5100s.

goodluck
pete

I would just save for the 3.5 lift, but if you have to do it, I would highly recommend the rocklizardsfabrications method. I used it and it worked great. I didnt get new shocks for a while and even while doing some pretty hard offroading they worked fine.

I just bought this one on E-bay... does'nt include shocks though (buddy had some I could have)

K30005-3.jpg

I got it on the bid for $67.00 or you can "buy now" for $71.99 here's the link for "Buy Now" http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-Cherokee-XJ-3-lift-kit-complete-w-rear-add-a-leaf_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33585QQihZ003QQitemZ130041121407QQtcZphoto

japril said:
I am very happy with www.rocky-road.com 's budget boost. I got the "complete" kit with 2" spacers in the front, shackles + 1/2 lift block in the rear, and bar pin eliminaters all around. I also have Pro Comp es9000 shocks that work well (pretty stiff though)
I have used the RR Kit with BPE. You can leave off the 1/2 in block and it will still be level...try it. Then you won't need longer U-bolts which they don't supply. Also the RR kit has NO instructions....but it can be done.

To do again, I would use ARCOS in the front and a 3 in. full leave pack in back. Add shocks, U-bolts and a RR shackle. I like the RR BPEs too.

If you have a 96+ plan on a fix for rear drive shaft vibe.

short AAL's ride horribly, and they tend to wreck the pack. A long AAL will ride better.

I am doing the Rock Lizard budget boost this weekend on the back and JKS ACOS on the front. My original plan was to do the Rock Lizard deal on the front and back, but I decided to go with the ACOS due to the fact that you don't know exactly what you will get (lift wise) on the back until you put it in. ACOS on the front make it real easy to even things up and will also be adjustable to offset the weight of a new bumper I plan to add in the spring. I have about $40 in the back and $200 in the front - not including shocks, which I do not plan to replace until later.

chelms27 said:
I would just save for the 3.5 lift, but if you have to do it, I would highly recommend the rocklizardsfabrications method. I used it and it worked great. I didnt get new shocks for a while and even while doing some pretty hard offroading they worked fine.

I recommend tis also. I ran my stock shocks; even when I added to this lift for over a year before changing my rear shocks. I still run stock front shocks...

(I used top 2 leaves out of another stock XJ leaf pack & MJ shackles, front is ZJ V8 coils & 1.75" spacer. I got out the angle grinder & TJ flares and I now run 33s with this lift.)

newtires.jpg

fiscus1adjusted.jpg

Back