• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33s on a 2" BB??? Better believe it - PICS!!!

McFly

NAXJA Forum User
Folks,

For all those who doubted being able to comfortably fit 33s on a BB - it's OK to retract that statement. :D

:wave:

Here is what you need:

A 2" BB - Rubicon Express, Rocky-Road.com, etc.
Extended Swaybar Endlink Disconnects (JKS, RE, homebrew)
Bumpstop Front & Rear (Rubicon Express, DPG Offroad, Daystar)
Cutoff wheel/grinder, Sawzall, Big F'ing Hammer for Flares
Tape, Handtools, Safety Glasses, Gloves, and Dust Mask

Here's what I have for my particular case:
Rocky-Road.com's 2" coil spacers, 1.5" lift shackles
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Rubicon Express 2" front bumpstop, DPG Offroad Rear Bumpstop plates
33x12.50x15 Wild Country RVTs on 15x8 with 5 on 4.5" pattern with 4.0" BS

Once the coil spacers, lift shackles, bumpstops, and disconnects are installed (which should take all of a few hours with the proper tools). Use some tape to mark above where the fender flare brackets are for the front, then carefully cut using the cutoff wheel, remembering to watch out for the washer fluid bottle just inside the driver's side fender.

For the rear fenders, once the flare and flare mounting brackets are removed, make 1 to 1.5" cuts in the metal (closer together near the curves/corners) and use a BFH to mash them back out of the way.

Of course this isn't a complete writeup, or even a tech article. But I thought I'd share my experiences with everyone. These pics are taken from my camera phone today - I'll whip out the digicam tomorrow when it's daylight.

jeep33bb.jpg

jeep33bb2.jpg

For those curious, I AM installing my RE SuperFlex 3.5" kit on top of my BB this Wednesday, so I can flex off-road, but I've driven around on these 33s all day with the fenders cut, never once did it rub over a pothole, several speedbumps, or anything. And I'm hauling about 250lbs worth of tires in my cargo area.

Looks pretty nice if I may say so myself. Certainly smoother then my MJ. Maybe someday I'll be able to cut some like that. Peace, Just kidden with ya man. If you want those YJ lines, I wont be workin at the Bloominton store, they need me to sub in in Nashville for the week, maybe the next 3 weeks, but you can pm me and i can get you my cell and make sure they give you the best price possible on them.

Gene MJ
Member 435

rock rash said:
Now lets see pics of the rear stuffed in the wells...

What? They ARE stuffed haha. My inverted springs can't very well flex, at least not as much as my new 3.5" RE springs will. :)

Edit: w00t that was my 100th post. :D Now I just need to get my name in Red... and get rid of this -575876 rock rash points. :D haha

i like it, i think it looks all right, just wish i could figure out how to get my pics off the camera and on the net!!!!!

againstherwill said:
mcfly is this what you guys were doing last jeep night or is that still to come? It looks great either way.

Nope, we knocked out the fenders yesterday, I got the 33s on today, and the lift is going on this Wednesday night @ Jeep Night in Greenwood, IN.

Back