• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

short wife syndrome( i know i'm not the only one)

holyfield1799

NAXJA Forum User
alright, heres my issue. My significant other is 5' tall. XJ is going 4'5 with 32's on it. And its going to be our daily driver( mostly hers as i have a company vehicle). now i was doing some research in past posts for rock rails that double as steps and i'm not feeling confident in the least bit of a solution to this :dunno: . i can't fabricate anything so aftermarket is the way for me. any suggestions?

The rock rail step would help out alot. See how she does and go from there. I had a YJ with a 10-12" lift and 33's and a Oriental friend of mine who was your wife's height got into the YJ easier than I did at 6' 3". He was very nimble indeed. :laugh3: He was also a really good tree climber and told me stories of how he was a refuge in Cambodia and hiding in the jungles. Crazy stuff. :laugh3:

Step rails are great for her - my kids aren't even 5' (yet) and it took them absolutely no time at all to figure out that they could use the Step-rails to get right up on the roof.

What about the step-rail makes you feel unconfident about them?

HEY i have that also my wife is 5'1 im running 4.5 lift on 31's she has a little trouble getting in i told her i would carry around a milk crate for her to use as a foot stool .....lol ...good luck with your rails

if youre not gonna wheel it, put some nerf bars on it. the tubular steps. they'd probably be a little lower to the ground than a rock rail so it would be a more effective step for a lady.

Big Red said:
The rock rail step would help out alot. See how she does and go from there. I had a YJ with a 10-12" lift and 33's and a Oriental friend of mine who was your wife's height got into the YJ easier than I did at 6' 3". He was very nimble indeed. :laugh3: He was also a really good tree climber and told me stories of how he was a refuge in Cambodia and hiding in the jungles. Crazy stuff. :laugh3:

lol. well, shes white and from new hampshire. i can attest to her flexibility :shhh: , but i don't think she can climb trees as well as a cambodian! so basically i need to find the impossible, a rock rail step that doesnt suck!!! :search:

i don't know how well nerf tubes will do on the trail...... haven't heard anything good about them out there. at the same time theres no rock crawling here where i'm at, but there is the occasional tree trunk to bounce off of. maybe i should just get her to work on her calves :helpme:

my fiance can get in my jeep easy at 5'3" with my

**ajs super rails**

get a rope ladder, attatch it to the floor inside the door step. She opens the door, pulls the rope ladder out, pulls herself up by standing on that and grabbing a handle placed convienently somewhere at her height (you could have a rope one hanging from the ceiling!!!). Done, and cheap too.

It may not be that easy but what about getting another significant other. One that is taller. Problem solved!!! yeah right??? lol I am lucky my wife is 5'7'' but my xj has six inches lift and will be getting 38'' soon. If I were to do as I sugested my wife would then have to be 6'4".

jeepinandy said:
HEY i have that also my wife is 5'1 im running 4.5 lift on 31's she has a little trouble getting in i told her i would carry around a milk crate for her to use as a foot stool .....lol ...good luck with your rails

I've actualy done that.

hey, my girl is 5'4" and i run 5 inches on 31's on my xj, when i made the jump from 3 to 5 she demanded steps so i called aj at ajs offroad armor and got some of his superrails($200). unless shes in heels my lady has no problems getting in and out of the jeep. HTH

I hear one way is to bolt a stirrup from a horse saddle on the inside of the jeep and just pull it out to get in. Some guy with a huge FS truck did that in a 4 Wheeler Mag article.

rock step rails dont suck, get ones that are under the rocker and then have an extension coming out. ajs rails for instance would be great. i have rocky roads and i must say that they are just OK, i wish i would have gone with ajs. much beefier better mounting and look better

i convinced my wife that she would hate the ride and the noise in my XJ because of the chev 350 so she said that she didnt like to go wheelen any more and never really liked it in the first place, so that solved my proablem and i went from stock to a 350 and a 5.25 lift and all she has said since is would you please come in now, and leave that darn jeep alone for a while!!!!! LOL...LOL...

lol, i told her that maybe i should go 3.5 inches because of her height and she would have nothing of it! she insisted that it at least be 4.5. shes a keeper

holyfield1799 said:
i don't know how well nerf tubes will do on the trail...... haven't heard anything good about them out there. at the same time theres no rock crawling here where i'm at, but there is the occasional tree trunk to bounce off of. maybe i should just get her to work on her calves :helpme:
Well, offering to catch her on first bounce, prolly ain't the way to go, either...
But yep, you can trust AJ's armor products.

Back