• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96xj factory suspension/lift options question

hemiriffic

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,
I m getting ready to lift my xj ... minor only 3 to 3.5 inches and don t want to break the bank ... was thinking of going with spacers and v8 zj springs in the front now for the question .... I want to take a few leaf packs apart and put together a pair of new leaf packs ..... 1.is there any way to tell what lift I ll get without installing and measuring ?
2.Did Jeep produce any offroad packages ... police or special duty or anything that i might be able to grab out of a savage yard?
any info would help a great deal

There were "Up Country" XJs produced with a 1" lift from the factory.

Look here: <http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/home_brew_budget_boost.htm" budget boost>

There was an "up-country" option package that was a little taller, others may have more details.

Just did the same thing with a 95 XJ Police Package (HD supension, towing package, extended throttle, and a few other goodies..........even got the lights!) used Carquest CC784 coils (+2 1/4") and a 3/4" spacer, the rocklizard BB used YJ front shocks (need BPE's or some fab work) but ZJ front Sensatrac pn37193 bolt right in and have a greater extended length than the YJ shock (much simpler). For the rear, if you have some decent spring packs off a xj use the main leaf and the one underneath it (did this to a pack with 80K miles) only got 2" (but they were free) ended up using a set of RE1410 rear aal and got 3" initially, sitting at 2 3/4 now (about 15k miles), for the rear shocks I got a pair of f150 shocks (can't find the part number right now) but basically used the monroe spec sheets to find a set that would do the job. Had a slight vibration at 35-40mph, thought aboyut using a 2* shim on the rear pack but insteadt droped the t-cast (242) 1/2" and no vibration at all at any reasonalbe speed (even have a speeding ticket to show I tested all the speeds!), running 31" MTRS on ar767 with about 4" bs and no rubbing at all

i have heard of using 2wd s-10 springs to get i think it was close to 4 inches of lift. If you use v8 zj coils up front and 2 inch spacers you could probably just about match that. I have a 4.5" RE lift and it sits at a rake probably similar to the difference there, so i am assuming it would look allright.

Back