• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air tank size...

Weasel

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Got the ARB installed now need to start on the compressor and tank install. How big of a tank should I be looking at to run. I know the ARB don't take much but it would help with filling tires, ect, possible someday air tools. Kilby's has a 1.25gal for 35 buck would that be big enough or should I go with a 2-3gal? We don't have any big truck yards around here and I've been looking on ebay as well, but most of the ones on Ebay only have one port. Or does that even matter? I'm think of mounting under the jeep in the rear shock area and most of them lack a port on the top for a drain(when flip for mounting).

i hate to tell ya this but the arb is not realy up for the task of running air tools. i have a 6 gallon tank on my oba that is engine driven off of my ac compressor and even that needs a break every so often to run air tools. and for filling tires the air tank is basicly usless except for the initial burst of air, then it is all about the cfm of the compressor.

heeres the one I got. Viair tank on eBay

I don't plan on running air tools but not hearing the compressor run every time I lock the arb. Oh, one more thing Air Horns! I can't wait.

I bought a 10 gal portable tank . I have a Mj though and mounted it under the bed so the space was not a issue. Runs tool pretty well though

I had a 2 gallon tank with a stock Sanden compressor and it hardly does much as a buffer when filling 33 or 35" tires. I would guess that by itself 2 gallon tank at 125psi would bring a 33x12.50 from 10psi to 15. So basically no matter how big (reasonably) of a tank you get your compressor will still be needing to do a lot of work, so get the biggest one that fits reasonably where you want it to.

Don't want it to big though other wise the compressor will spend forever filling, ect. Guess which ever I can get cheaper and fits is what I'll go with. It's really just for the ARB.

Back