• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar for 8" lift

Fletchs90xj

NAXJA Forum User
So I got my 8" lift installed and when it came time to attach the RE HD adjustable track bar into place it kept turning and turning and then the end fell off right at the right length to bolt up. So now what? Its too short, whats the next option. One of the guys at my local 4x4 shop said to redrill the axle end bracket to make it work. What do you guys think of this??

Thanks Fletch

yes you can redrill to make it fit but rember with 8" inches of lift other things come into play like CA angles steering angles. they all may look good now but when flexed things change a lot. also what tires are you running on that lift 37's 38's? i am assuming you still have the 30 under there.

RE CA drop bracket
Adjustable RE UCA & LCA
D30 front
8" Skyjacker coils
currie HP 9" rear

runnning 35"MTRs

Unless this is a mall-crawler you need to address the steering first and then move the trackbar back parallel with the drag-link.It should be long enough then.

using a Skyjacker JA500 drop pitman arm and will do some form of high steer maybe the ORO U-turn kit when cash allows

can't you put an over the axle bracket for the trackbar like the jks ones?

sounds like you need less lift....

for 35" tires - i plan on running them with my 4.5" kit - once i can afford them

clip a coil off and then fit the track bar...

Ok so after the leaving the truck to sit a week I went out and tried the trackbar again and it fits.... easily. Steering is solved with the drop pitman, but i still need a longer drive shaft. So the wait to pay day is on.
I had 5" of lift before and with the 35s there was about 3" of space between the inside of the flare and the top of the tire. and they rubbed when i'd turn hitting a bump. So I went to 8" and I went to 35s to help clear my "paver" currie 9" rear. :laugh3:

I had the same problem as you awhile back and just relocated the track bar in and used a new mount and it worked incredibly well. Just another option.

Back