• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick Connect Battery Terminals

LouisianaZJ

NAXJA Member #1362
well one of my old factory terminals cracked where the bolt goes thru last week, so i pimped it out with some tewel-less terminals and used copper HD crimps. under $12 for all the junk i think, took about 15 min

probably going to upgrade the wiring later on this summer to heavier stuff, welding cable 2/0 probably

Well, that's better than the usual use of those things (just crimping stripped wire under the strap...) Still, I prefer using marine brass over cast lead in any case.

Hit me backchannel if you'd like pricing on cables - I'm doing 1 gage welding cable for the moment (excellent balance between overkill and shipping weights) and I can do them in any length you want.

Let me know if I can help you.

5-90

For about $6 I put marine grade quick disconnects on my battery terminals. They mount to the battery posts like a normal terminal, and have a stud sticking up off of them. All I had to do was put copper ring terminals on the end of my wires (all welding cable) and then drop them on the stud and tighten them down with the provided wingnuts. It makes it easy to connect/disconnect different components individually (without tools) but I don't have to mess with the battery posts every time.

sent you a PM

i agree, i decided to use the crimped ends rather than the stupid strap connection sice it would most likely corrode very quickly like that and this seemed much more secure

thanks for the info on the marine terminals, i will keep an eye out for those

Back