• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Waterproof seats, or covers and rhino floor covering?

castleman123

NAXJA Forum User
Soon, I am gonna be buying a new car, but I would like to keep this one in okay condition. I am gonna remove all doors, and the hatch, so I was wondering about waterproof seats, just the front seats, and some kind of floor covering, similat to the rhino floor covering, one that is cheap and good.

Cabela's has seatcovers made from water-resistant urethane coated nylon in several colors @$19.99 per bucket ($24.99 for camo) They also have the neoprene Wet Okole covers, but they are pretty big bucks...$239.99 (per pair I hope)

Rustoleum makes a two part epoxy similar to the other linings. Bought a kit at a local store here called 'Ollies' for $20, came with applicators, gloves, etc. Used it on the inside of the YJ and man that stuff is tough, has some kind of grit in it to keep it from getting slippery, for sure nothing to crawl around on in shorts.
For seat covers I like wet okeys, nice and well made, fits the TJ's like glove.

castleman123 said:
Anybody else have anymore ideas about a floor lining, or the name of the rustoleum product?

Sorry, it's called 'Road Warrior' http://www.rustoleum.com/brand.asp?frm_brand_id=20&SBL=1

TIP: Don't mix it all up at once, put several coatings on over a day or two, mixing up a new batch each time. We put 4 or 5 coats on the YJ. They had instructions in the kit for reapplication times..

I lined my interior, do a search on my name and you will find my thread. If you don't run carpet it is going to be loud, like riding in an empty trash can. Good luck.

Back