• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EZ Locker question

cardboard

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have any thing good or bad to say about the Detroit EZ Locker. I have a trac lock in the rear dana 35 and I am looking to put a cheap locker in my front dana 30 when I put my 297 axles in.
Thanx for info Digger

I ran them front and rear for many years with no issues. Front was a D30. I ran it with a disconnect axle for awhile and then without the disconnect but with a Warn hub kit. Even with the hubs locked it was invisible in 2wd except on tight, slow turns where it would chatter slightly, but you couldn't feel anything.

Thanx Goatman. I will be installing this ( if I get one ) in a nondisco axle. From what I have seen these to be the cheapest lunch box locker out there.
Thanx Digger

I'm currently running EZ lockers in both my D30 and my D35 and have had no problems. I do have the disco front D30 but even though my rig is a DD I don't have any problems with the rear one even around corners, like goatman said I only get a little clicking when turning really sharp. They also have quite a few miles on them although I can say exactly how many as I didn't install them.

Thanx Again, I was just looking at my initial post that said traclock in the rear. I dont know what i was thinking. I have a lock right locker in the rear. :doh:

Do it! you will love it off road.

Back