• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear Run - Weekend of June 21 & 22

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Allright guys, gonna do another two-dayer.

Right now all I have planned out is day one, Saturday, which will be a green run. Here's details: Details

I will keep you posted on Sunday, and any more information on Saturday as I get it.

Sequoia

Damn you !!! got to plan it on my work weekend.....Oh well so is the wheel'n life of a guy who works shift work...
See Ya !!
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

You know, I've got hundreds of hours of vac. but others are off that weekend & some are taking vac. also. Thats just the way the granite rock crumbles..... I'm going to try to put something together out here in the desert late in the year on MY ! weekend
off. So be ready......
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

Damn Sequoia your jeep isn't even fixed yet and you're ready for more, you'll get hardcore doing things like that!

Might be there for shake down run for big trip????

mark
orgsmfg

Saturday & Sunday (21 & 22) in Big Bear is Kids on Public Lands: a 4x4 tour for disadvantaged kids from Anaheim. This charity event is coordinated with the Anaheim Police Athletic League & YMCA and the SBNFA OHV Volunteers.

http://www.sbnfa.org/Main_OHV/emailDocs/KOPLGeneral Info.pdf

The Boys runs are planned for Saturday, and girls runs on Sunday (~50 each day: 25 in an AM run, and 25 in a PM run).

If there is anyone interested is helping out the event is staged out of the Discovery Center's upper parking lot. Women drivers with vehicles are always in high demand (So, if a WIfe or girlfriend is not busy ..., the goal is to have a woman driver for each girl who attends on Sunday -- and they are short of women drivers).

http://www.sbnfa.org/Main_OHV/emailDocs/KOPLRegistration.pdf

I will be in the BB area this weekend, helping KOPL in the morning and probably running some of the roads and trails in the Onyx Peak and Juniper Springs/Rose Mine area. I would suggest running Tip Top Mountain, 2N90B&C, and allow some side forays from 2N02 (2N70Y parallel spur, and possibly the 2N61Y Pontiac Sluice entry trail).

Last edited:
All right kids..here we go...

First day: 2N02 simple run. Probably throw up a camp somewhere around Crab Flats, that will be discussed on the 21st. Make sure you have a Forest Adventure Pass if you're camping!

Green run up 2N02 (Burns/Rattlesnake Canyon Road) to Big Bear from Pioneertown.

Meeting Time: 12:00 - 1:00 PM
Meeting Place: Santana's Mexican Resturant
56547 29 Palms Hwy (State Hwy 62)
Yucca Valley, CA
South side of highway.
GPS: N34°07.219' W116°25.783'
Directions: Take I-10 to CA Highway 62 North. Take 62 until you reach the resturant in the town of Yucca Valley.

Second day: To be discussed. Nothing too hardcore planned, plus scouting out the runs discussed in the trail adoption thread. (Read The Thread Here)

Back