• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj/mj lift kits

Stoney

NAXJA Forum User
So i talked to this guy the other day with an MJ, he said that rubicon xpress doesn't make a bigger kit than 5.5 for an MJ??? he said that rubicon xpress told him that they were different in the front end?? i know the leaf spring are different but why did rubicon xpress say that?? i think there a bunch of goons! but i think this guy was too!

but seriuosly teel me if there is anything reallly different.

stoney

The MJ front, as far back as the front seats, is the same as the XJ. The lower control arm mounting locations are reinforced with an external gusset plate -- which is available (or was) as separate parts and can be added to an XJ. The gusset plates do not interfere with lifting, and the TrailMaster drop brackets fit an MJ the same as they do an XJ.

The tranny cross member mount on the MJ is also reinforced compared with the XJ, and this also does not affect lifts.

people lift XJ's? and MJ's? WHY!?!

why would you ever wheel a uni-body vehicle?

Rubicon Express makes great stuff for TJ's...

the RE guys told me that MJs get less lift from the front springs as a similarly equipped XJ, because they are more front heavy. I can not verify this. Lift the front with whatever XJ kit you want, and the rear do a spring over and mix-n-match junkyard leafs to get any extra you want.

Back