• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roll Cage

surfinpmp

NAXJA Forum User
Is the roll cage or an exoskeleton better and what are some of the better kits for a cage? Also, is you have an exoskeleton, is your jeep still street legal?

Thanks

search!!!! this has been covered in great detail more than once. as far as street legality....i dont see why it wouldnt be street legal. it would be more safe than before. youd better call your local poloce department and ask them. refer to the "exo cage" as an "external roll cage" when you talk to the popo's

as far as being legal its probably going to vary by state. in Mo its legal from what i was told my the MSHP. a friend had one and got pulled over by a local cop that told him it was not and he would have to have it hauled away and not drive it. it ended up costing him a ticket and a lawyer to make the ticket go away.

as far as better? dunno. personally if you doing something that you would consider a cage you would have to evaluate where you wheelin and what level of protection you want. and how big you budget is also. but life>money.

-jpx3

An exo is not a replacement for an internal cage, it is an addition to one.
Unless you are going to make it look like a jungle-gym threw up on your Jeep it is not possible to triangulate an exo without internal braces. Without those braces the exo either folds or ripps out of the Jeep in a hard roll.

The best exo I have seen was tied to an internal cage at 20 points.

I think whether it's leagal or not has to do with sharp edges. Ever wonder what happend to the 'spinners' they used to put on hubcaps and wheels back in the 60's ? they were outlawed, people were hurt, mostly in cities when cars cut corners and got peds on the sidwalk or standing just off the curb waiting for the walk sign. The only ones still legal are the ones that don't protrude past the rim.
Provided everything is rounded and there are no sharp jagged edges I don't see why they wouldn't be though they would be subject to the same thing as military looking 'ugly guns' like in calif. If it's looks military and is not asthetically pleasing it must be an assault gun....and evil... you might run into that retarded mentality where you are...

Back