• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

flap in valve cover

westsacxj

NAXJA Forum User
took off the vavle cover to clean the fentilation system. the flap inside closest to the front (I believe fresh air in) when the cover is on the engine should that flap be up or down? i know i should have payed attentioned when takeing it off. brain fart.

since know ones knows. can someone just out to thier jeep pop off the fresh airintake (the one closest to the front bumper) ans see if the flap of baffle is pointing up or down?

Hmmm...must be a diff. year...I don't have flapper on mine...checked spare cover that I have...no flapper. Mine is a '90.

Last edited:
Is this in the cover or the hose thats connected to it,if its in the hose I would assume it would go in so that the flapper would be "sucked" in the up position if the hose is a vacuum line.

He's probably talking about the metal piece in the oil shield colums or stacks. I can't remember wich way they go. I think concave up or outside of the round down. I could be wrong. I'll try and go home and check.
Tom

Ok, get what you are looking for straight. One time you say valve cover, then next you are talking about the fresh air intake. I'm assuming that you are all the while talking about the air cleaner box, and the diffuser that is at the back of the air box, that leads to the air duct to the carb?

i do have it straight what im talkin about. its the baffel for the fresh air goin into the valve cover. sorry if im not an expert or know everything like you obviously do. thanx everyone else for the help

westsacxj said:
i do have it straight what im talkin about. its the baffel for the fresh air goin into the valve cover. sorry if im not an expert or know everything like you obviously do. thanx everyone else for the help

Not trying to be an expert or come off as one, was trying to figure out what it was you were looking for. If I didn't get what you were talking about, then it was my problem of not reading it right. Was trying to help a noob, obviously that isn't looked kindly upon, anymore.

sorry i didnt mean to come off like an arse. i just know that lots of people here treat others like idoits and try to make people feel dumb. and i figured you were trying to be like them. so i apologize. thanx for trying to help

Urban Redneck said:
Not trying to be an expert or come off as one, was trying to figure out what it was you were looking for. If I didn't get what you were talking about, then it was my problem of not reading it right. Was trying to help a noob, obviously that isn't looked kindly upon, anymore.

I still like ya Tom. Not much of a consolation prize I'm sure. ;)

Back