• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Choosing a Roof Rack??

BIG-G

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, im getting a roof rack this week and im leaning toward the olympic top hat roof rack!! Its full length, gutter monts and has a protection bar runnin along side of it. HERES MY DELEMA.... i have a light bar with 5 hella 550,s on it and i wanna KEEP it!!! Would anyone know if i could get the rack and still keep my light bar??? One more thing, the rack has only 2 spots for a pair of lights so i was thinking of mounting it backwards and putting reverse flood lights on them.
So can anyone give me any feedback before i buy it??????

hey brother,
if you check the current XJ Picture Showcase link on this site..some guy started a thread asking everyone show off their racks..look there. if i remember correctly somebody has a top hat rack and really liked it..even did a small write up on it. HTH

I also am looking at the top hat rack. If worse comes to worse you could always fab up some light tabs with some scrap metal for your extra lights thats probably what I'll end up doing if I get that rack.

HEY, i just spoke to quadratec and the top hat rack is 60" long which leaves just enough room to keep my light bar!! Secondly since it has 2 tabs for lights in the front i asked if i could mount it backwards so i can put reverse floods on it and he said i most certianly can!!! Looks like im gettin the olympic top hat rack!! Probably in a month i'll do a write up and throw up some pics!!!

BIG-G said:
Ok, im getting a roof rack this week and im leaning toward the olympic top hat roof rack!! Its full length, gutter monts and has a protection bar runnin along side of it. HERES MY DELEMA.... i have a light bar with 5 hella 550,s on it and i wanna KEEP it!!! Would anyone know if i could get the rack and still keep my light bar??? One more thing, the rack has only 2 spots for a pair of lights so i was thinking of mounting it backwards and putting reverse flood lights on them.
So can anyone give me any feedback before i buy it??????

If you need a used factory roof rack PM me or look at my post in the forum for parting out 87 2 door. Its a Factory one, good shape and cheap. I can send pic's

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=51092

Last edited:
Red97xj... where is that.. that looks awesome!

Being from Northern Ontario... all we got here is mud and ROCKS... lol

PS.. what dimensions are your surco? I've got a 45x60" one.. and love it!

those pics are taken at Silverlake State park in Michigian along the west side of state. You could proably drive it! Lots of fun. My group of jeepers will be there memorial day weekend.

It has been awhile, but I think I have the 50X60. Kinda wish it was 45 wide, but the 60 long is GREAT!

Back