• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering wheel off, not alignment? help!

93xj-jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
hey,

I recently installed the c-rok steering reinforcemnent kit with inner and outer plates and just got the jeep out of the garage for a test drive (had been working on engine) and for some reason my steering wheel sits like about 30* or more to the right. i mean if it was just a little bit it would be fine but it sits way way right. the alignment is still fine but when the tires are straight the wheel sits tilted???

I dont know what would cause this. All i did was unbolt the steering box and had it drop down a little (at one time it did slip off my jack a little and slid down a ways) and then i put in the new plates (inside and outside) and bolted it back up.

Anybody know what could be going on cause im confused. Please help me! Thanks

Sure.....

When you added the inside plate it moved the position of the steering box slightly, so now your drag link is too long by roughly the thickness of the plate that you added. All you need to do is re-center the steering wheel by turning the adjustment collar on the drag link that is next to the pitman arm. Pretty simple. Turn it a little, then drive it a couple of blocks, until you get it straight.

Back