• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YJ Leaf Springs

Anyone?? I saw the thread a couple of weeks ago about gaining about 4" from S10 leafs!! I'm woundering if you would get more or less from YJ leafs!!

im going to run Skyjacker 4" lift leaves mixed with my RE leaves for "some" lift...

here is a picture of a stock YJ pack -

Stock pack on top, 4" lift packs on bottom...

The stock packs have centered holes - not the offset center pins like the XJ has - so be prepared to drill some holes in spring steel...

Im not sure that there would be any lift from this leaf pack - the leaves arent as long, and are about the same arch - and i would imagine that the spring rate is similar if not less....

I don't know but the leave on our 89YJ are mostly flat which is how they were designed and get the most droop so I don't think you would get much. I'd tend to think a P/U truck spring would give you more as they are designed for carrying loads so they have a high curve to begin with...

Why not use Dodge Dakota leafs
you've seen what lift i have from them

Plus i'm taking one from each side out soon
you can have them free

Fred H

In my opinion, go with the free ones he offered! Even if they're not enough you can always add more or different ones down the road, but hey, they're free! :D

I used D-150 leaves off a dodge truck and got a nice lift off them also used f-250 coils up front kinda stiff though but I don't mind the ride. I drive a tow truck all day so I'm used to the ride...

Back