• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Uwharrie Saturday

Tuckman1941

NAXJA Member #747
I'm planning on making my first trip to Uwharrie this weekend, probably taking a few friends (Disco and maybe a YJ and TJ). Do y'all think this weekend might be really busy? As in too busy?

Having never been, I don't know how congested the trails can get, and I was particularly curious as to what things might be like this first weekend.

I'll be in this:
173226379bHXllM_ph.jpg

so if you're going to be there, keep your eyes peeled for me. I'd like to meet some of you! We'll probably start up some time Saturday AM.

Tucker

I'll be there saturday evening for a night run and stay til sunday afternoon, saturday it self will be busy prolly lots of ATV's and a few rigs as well. all in good fun though, your pic isnt working for me, i'll be in my 00XJ black safari rack and 35 BFG's.

Great. The rig is the same as in the sig, forgot that webshots won't work...

Hopefully this link will work.

I'll be lookin' for ya. With my luck, I'll be out there in the dark digging my roommate out... :speepin:

Not me! I like to ride the trails not sit and wait!

Hey Tuck....I don't want to discourage you but the first weekend is usually very busy. Lots of atv's also. If you stay off the harder trails at first then you should be able to keep moving.

I'll be going to Uwharrie this weekend. I have a tan/gold (whatever color it is) XJ (with red diff covers) with 33" LTB's and a stinger.
You guys think it will be as busy with all the ran and cold?
J.
PS - will be running with a Primer '66 Bronco w/cage and should be a couple of blue CJ's with us.

Last edited:
Well if I go tomorrow, it'll be with a YJ and a TJ. The weather forecast I just looked at said rain could be as much as an inch overnight. Is that enough to make the place a mess?

I really only have time for one trip before exams start to look more menacing, and want to make it a good one. The drier the better! Do y'all think it would be a safer bet to try again next weekend?

Tuckman1941 said:
Well if I go tomorrow, it'll be with a YJ and a TJ. The weather forecast I just looked at said rain could be as much as an inch overnight. Is that enough to make the place a mess?

I really only have time for one trip before exams start to look more menacing, and want to make it a good one. The drier the better! Do y'all think it would be a safer bet to try again next weekend?

Ya it'll be a mess if it rains that much overnight... OTOH the trails drain off well since it's very hilly, and I'm sure the FS has cleaned up the water bars/drains over the closed season.

I bet wet or not, it'll be packed with 4x4s, bikes, and ATVs this weekend... I'm sitting it out.

I ended up going this weekend. I saw at least 8 other XJ's (all set up right). There were a lot of ATV's - which is never good (I used to own one, but I don't remember losing all common sense when I got on it). I guess with it being April and rain, the trails were a lot more fun than normal.
Anyone on this board show up? And what were you in?
93JXJ

Last edited:
I was there! Friday and Saturday. We ran wolf den, falls dam and dutch john (saturday). Had a blast... I wouldn't have minded the ATV's so much if they were just a little friendlier. Not all of them were bad... Great hill climb at the end of dutch john. Green '00 on 35 MT/R's with the spare and a red fuel can on the rear bumper.

93JXJ said:
I ended up going this weekend. I saw at least 8 other XJ's (all set up right). There were a lot of ATV's - which is never good (I used to own one, but I don't remember losing all common sense when I got on it). I guess with it being April and rain, the trails were a lot more fun than normal.
Anyone on this board show up? And what were you in?
93JXJ

XXXJ-VA - sorry I didn't see you there. Looked at your site - that looks pretty bad - I wish I could have stolen, I mean borrowed, some ideas.

Back