• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radio wiring harness trouble

HighTop

NAXJA Forum User
I am having trouble with my stereo wiring. I bought this jeep as a bank repo – that’s all I could afford. It’s been great so far, some minor fixes and the normal cabin leaks but nothing major. Anyway, I found a description of the wiring for a 96 (which I have) here and compared it to the diagram on www.installdr.com. I had a wiring adapter that didn’t work so I reworked the plug and lined everything up with the NAXJA description and the doctor’s picture. I still have nothing.

I agree with the speaker wiring, but my pink wire has no voltage ever and it is supposed to be the battery connection, my ignition/switched wire has voltage all the time and so does my light blue wire with the red stripe that is supposed to be the illumination line. I am at a loss.

What’s going on with my wiring harness, it doesn’t match either source’s run down? I don’t know if it matters but here is the shape the system is in. The previous owner (Mr. Repo’d) decided to make my life easier by removing the factory radio for me along with the sound bar over the storage area before the bank came and got it from him. I doubt that means an Infinity system as this jeep is low on options, no power windows or locks, fog lights etc. But, I know my harness/plug is not doing what it is supposed to and I found posts here that said something about if the speakers aren’t wired in the headunit wouldn’t work but that shouldn’t cut my power to the stereo should it? Could the missing sound bar be messing with my power? He just cut the coming out of the trim. I am trying to fit an Alpine CD player to the truck if that matters.

HELP! If all else fails I’ll just run my own power and switch wires from the fuse block but I’d rather use the factory wires for this. Thanks for the help.
HighTop

Last edited:
Back