• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA skidz

I did a set on my d30. I just used a piece of rectangle 3/16 steel. i think it was like 4''1/2 x 3''1/4. welded it to the bottom of the bracket. I think it was like 1/8 closest distance between lca and steel. The side pieces are a good idea so you dont sheer bolts off.

fwiw i've been happy w/ my skid row LCA plates...

having said that, i believe TNT customs is planning on offering these at some point.
:dunno:

lca18744bi.jpg

i hope those boogery lookin welds were your own doing not a product of Kevin's that you paid cash for..

It looks like those wouldn't work w/ my skyjacker LCA's since they have a grease fitting on the end of them. Does anyone make some LCA skids that will work w/ the fittings?

Thanks guys

If it's on the front, then no. I guess you could go with some bolt on ones, and pull 'em off to grease the arms. Or you could get a 90* zerk elbow and drill a new hole kind of on the back so the zerk is more like how RE does their on their SuperFlex lower arms. Otherwise I'd say ditch the SJ arms. ;) :D

You can kinda see the RE zerk setup in this pic:
DSC01257.jpg

FWIW, we've got the JKS/ORGS weld-on mini-skids on our rigs.

Jeepin Jason said:
FWIW, we've got the JKS/ORGS weld-on mini-skids on our rigs.

I've got the ORGS too - I like the lower profile, not quite as boxed on the front.

Most all are created equal when it comes to reinforcing those LCA pockets though.

Back