• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lower control arms

Mr.OverKill

NAXJA Forum User
will teraflex adjustable lower control arms for a 97 tj work on my 85 XJ, if so what would be the big benifit and or draw backs???? i am installing 4.5" rustys coils and a .75" spacer in front and 3.5" AAL with a 1.5" shackel in the rear, i have a chev 350 in it and need the lift to drive it and the teraflex stuff ( a whole 3" kit for the TJ ) is free to me from my dad ( he got inchitis)will the shocks work? i got them too. what all will work with the stuff i have already??????
thanks,
Troy

Yes (correct me if I am wrong folks) the Arms and Shocks will work. The only differrence between the TJ and XJ Front ends is the Track Bar. If the kit comes with one you will need to replace it with an XJ Type. If it does not come with one then you should replace it anyways. You will need Extended Front and Rear Brake Lines. The Benefit of the of the Adjustable LCA's is you can correct the Pinion Angle. If you are going to about 5" you should also consider Adjustable Uppers as well. For the back you "might" need an SYE and CV Driveshaft.

What size Tires are you going to run? What Type of Ftont / Rear Axel's and gearing do you have?

stock tj arms are slightly shorter, and the shocks are longer i believe.

Ramsey said:
stock tj arms are slightly shorter, and the shocks are longer i believe.

Yeah, Stock is slightly different but when it comes to lifts I think they are the same. Besides, the LCA's he would be going to are adjustable, so wouldn't they be pretty much the same as TJ Adjustables?

If I am wrong - sorry for the mis-information.

didnt see that they were adjustable, should work then as long as they bolt up right

Back