• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering shaft u-joints

rad8275

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone have a part # for the u-joints in the steering shaft. I have an '88 Cherokee with the 4.0 with power steering.

Thanks,
Rick

I've got to fix this one too. apparently you have to replace the entire shaft as the u-joint is non-replace/repairable. '96 and up shafts are different and wont fit. most of the ones I find in the wreckers are already toast. so its either a couple of bills at the dealer or aftermarket such as flaming river. pisses me off.

I got mine from Mako Offroad, it was the entire shaft though. The old needle bearings inside the joint had turned to dust. Pretty sure you can find it on E-Bay.

I installed a WJ ('00-present) steering box in my xj; had to use the lower section of the WJ steering shaft mated to the upper section of XJ steering shaft. I'll guarantee the two are big-time different.

Back