• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Value Gear Ring and Pinions

Heb80

NAXJA Forum User
I ordered ring and pinions for my D30 and Chrysler 8.25. I requested Yukons, but today when they arrived I got Yukon for the D30 and Value Gear for the 8.25. Is this a subsidiary of Yukon or did they send me the wrong thing?

If you paid for Yukons then you should have recieved them IMHO.

Heb80 said:
I ordered ring and pinions for my D30 and Chrysler 8.25. I requested Yukons, but today when they arrived I got Yukon for the D30 and Value Gear for the 8.25. Is this a subsidiary of Yukon or did they send me the wrong thing?

It's the value line of Yukon/Randy's R&P...and are fine if used on the street. They don't recommend using them with lockers or in 'high demand' situations.

From what Rawbrown told me, they aren't any weaker, but may cause a little more noise. He has set them up in 8.25's and hasn't had any problems.

Greg

MontanaXJ said:
From what Rawbrown told me, they aren't any weaker, but may cause a little more noise. He has set them up in 8.25's and hasn't had any problems.

Greg

This came from my Randy's guys directly. Good for street, might be a little noisier...but aren't recommended for locker/alloy shaft/wheeling/hard use.

ECKSJAY said:
This came from my Randy's guys directly. Good for street, might be a little noisier...but aren't recommended for locker/alloy shaft/wheeling/hard use.
I guess I will find out. Haa Haa.

Greg

Back