• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Compressers

stp189

NAXJA Forum User
I hope this isn't to redundant for you all, but I am going to install ARB's in my 8.8 this weekend and still have questions with what compresser to get. Is the ARB able to air up a 33 in a decent amount of time or is spending a little more coin on another worth it? And if so what one?

Thanks for your time.

I would estimate that it takes around 5 to 6 minutes to air each 35" bfg from 10 to 22 psi. I wish that I had a faster compressor but the little beast just keeps working. I don't even really pay attention to the duty cycle. I think that it is supposed to cool after a certain amount of time:confused: . It has aired my tires back up many, many times over the last 3 years without a single problem.

Here's a link to the best compilation of air compressor tests that I've ever seen. It has all of the infomation you'll need. The QuickAir2 is a good unit, I ran one for many years, but for the money the QuickAir3 is hard to beat.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/techarticles/62758/

I say go for an engine driven compressor. I run a York, and it will fill a 31x10.5 on a 15x7 from 8psi to 30 psi in roughly 30 sec. Runs most air tools without a problem. To run an ARB off it you need to set the pressure within the ARB solenoids range, or use a regulator to step it down on the way to the solenoids.

The Oasis Trailhead compressor listed at Fourwheeler is basically a York with a winch motor attached to the compressor's crankshaft.

Back