• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CA Tech......Custom/Homemade.....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Looking for some info on building adjustable upper and lower CA. Planning on useing Heim joints front and rear. Is this a bad idea? I want the lowers to be adjustable from 16.5" to 17.5" and the uppers adjustable 15.25" to 16.25". The machinest I talked to said that would not be a problem. Anyone got any pictures of theirs they built? Also, the Heim would be marrower than the mounts in the frame. Do you space them? Or should I use something different? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. One of my local Jeepers has an XJ and wants to build them for me so he can build some for himself.

Ghost said:
Is this a bad idea?

Yes, this is a bad idea.

Heims don't have the fore/aft give necessary for your suspension to work. This is why Skyjacker's kit rapidly wears out joints and cracks their axle truss. You need a bushing with some compliance.

Lengthwise, I would make uppers 14.75" to 15.5" and lowers 16" to 17".
YMMV

Ok, so what should be used? Got any pictures of custom or handmade adjustable CA? Upper and lower?

Big red X's on that post for me!

Back